The Mexican Institute of Social Security has different channels through which you can register at the clinic (Mexico Family Unit) closest to your home , one of them is its mobile application. For this procedure you only need to have your CURP, Zip Code and email at hand. We tell you how to do it step by step.
Download the IMSS Digital app
The first step is to download the IMSS Digital application, available for iOS and Android.
Public and free IMSS Digital application that allows services to be brought closer to citizens. It contains the procedures and services with the greatest demand: location of real estate, location of clinics by postal code, registration and change of SSN, registration and change of clinic, consultation of the validity of rights, medical appointment schedule and health information.
How to change UMF
If you are not registered, carry out this process, you will need your CURP, Social Security Number and email. Once you have your user account, follow these steps to register at the clinic of your choice:
- Log in
- Select “Registration / Change of clinic”
- Fill in the fields (CURP and email)
- Click on “Assign clinic”
- Provide your zip code and verify it. Automatically, the system will place the neighborhood, municipality or mayor’s office and state.
- Complete the street and number data, and go to “Continue”
- Select the clinic and shift
- Verify the data and click accept
You will receive an email confirming your discharge from the clinic.
What if I changed my address?
In case you don’t know what it is or you have changed your place of residence, you can also find out through the application, for this you need your postal code.