FunWhat is a forest for?

What is a forest for?

It is estimated that there are around 3,870 million hectares of forests on the planet; 95% corresponds to natural wooded areas and the remaining 5% to forest plantations. A forest is an open area characterized by the presence of trees and the absence of other land uses.

In forests there are exchanges of matter and energy with the environment. Thanks to this, these ecosystems use energy from the Sun and CO2 from the atmosphere to produce wood. Forests also perform important ecological functions such as regulating the water balance and climate and preventing soil erosion . On the other hand, they protect biodiversity , provide wood, firewood, retain carbon and slow down climate change , generate employment and are a place of recreation and leisure for the population of large cities, increasingly removed from nature.

However, for a forest to function properly it is necessary that its whole, that is, soil and tree mass, be in an optimal state.

Schedules of the Valencia GP of MotoGP in Cheste and how to see it

The Cheste circuit hosts this weekend, from November 4 to 6, the 2022 MotoGP Comunitat Valenciana GP. See the schedules and all the information.

"Don't talk to me!": Danni Büchner makes a clear announcement to hated party guests

Danni Büchner is invited to Sam Dylan's Halloween party. But the "Goodbye Germany" emigrant has no desire for many other party guests. And find clear words.

King Charles III Portrait now on the first coin: Serious change to the Queen

Charles III first coins with his portrait are there. Coin lovers immediately discover two striking differences.

Unknown colourfulness

Bird Species Discovered on Islands in Indonesia

Braking was tricky

Apart from that, everything worked like a picture book for the railway world record in Switzerland

More