This Thursday the world is in mourning after learning that he is old after health complications.
Being at the head of the British monarchy allowed him to experience historical moments that are also related to the economy and finance. Here are eight key facts to know the importance of the brand and the expense that the monarchy has for the British.
1. The British royal family is worth an estimated £67.5 billion a year, according to a report by Brand Finance. The family’s income comes mainly from their brand.
2 . The crown jewels are valued at at least £25.5bn and the impact of the crown on the UK economy is £1.8bn.
3 . According to the Statista site, the most loved British royal is Elizabeth II with an approval rating of 82.2%. The same survey revealed that Britons over the age of 55 approve of the monarchy at 77% and 57% of people between 18 and 24 years of age also approve.
4. For the period 2021-2022, the royal family spent 102.4 million pounds sterling, 15 million more than the previous year.
5. Between April 2021 and March 2022, nearly 737,000 people visited royal buildings, according to Statista. The most visited castle was Windsor Castle and Frogmore House with over 426,000 visits.
6. In the same period, the costs of the payroll of the royal family, that is, the payment given to employees who work for the crown was 19.1 million pounds sterling.
7. In the last year, the royal family used helicopters, trains and cars to get around. The costs for using these means were £2.1 million, £0.7 million and £0.2 million, respectively.
8. Sales of royal items bring in more than £20 million.