After the scandal surrounding Prince Andrew’s involvement with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, members of the royal family are calling for his long-term withdrawal.
London – While the London police have officially announced that they will no longer investigate Prince Andrew in the abuse scandal involving US millionaire Jeffrey Epstein, numerous members of the royal family have turned against the 61-year-old son of Queen Elizabeth II. According to reports in the Sunday Times, Prince William should perceive his uncle as a threat to the English monarchy.
For this reason, William, along with Andrew’s siblings Charles, Anne and Edward, is one of the family members who expect the Queen’s second youngest son to withdraw from public life in the long term. According to reports in the Sunday Times, Prince William is said to criticize the 61-year-old’s “unworthy and ungrateful” attitude towards some family members. A source told the Sunday paper that William was “not a fan of Uncle Andrew.”
Royals: Allegations Against Prince Andrew – Civil Lawsuit Against Members Of The British Royalty
Prince Andrew had withdrawn from his royal duties after a 38-year-old had publicly accused the Duke of York of having abused her as a minor in London, among other places. Virginia Giuffre claims to have been made a sex slave by Epstein and Maxwell as adolescents. He strictly rejects the allegations, but at the end of September 2021 accepted a civil lawsuit against him in the USA, which is to be heard in the next few months.
Even before the violent allegations, Prince Andrew was criticized for his friendship with the US millionaire Epstein. The investment banker and convicted sex offender Epstein, who committed suicide in prison in 2019, is said to have made dozens of girls and young women into his addiction and sexually abused and fed other men for years together with his ex-partner.
After Jeffrey Epstein’s sex scandal: Prince Andrew could face compensation
In her civil lawsuit against the Duke of York, Virginia Giuffre reportedly seeks payment of damages from Prince Andrew. In what amount is not known. The London police had already checked a document on the Prince Andrew case as part of the civil suit, but announced after the completion of the measures that no further measures would be taken. According to the Telegraph, a large part of the legal fees, which run into the millions, will be borne by Queen Elizabeth II personally. (ska / dpa)