NewsChristian Drosten: the virologist clarifies what will happen to...

Christian Drosten: the virologist clarifies what will happen to those who do not get vaccinated against covid because there is no group immunity

Although countries believe that in a short time there will be group immunity , the prestigious German virologist Christian Drosten clarifies that the concept of herd immunity has not been well understood and explains what will happen to those who do not get vaccinated .

Drosten has been a protagonist during this pandemic for his information about the virus and for advising Angela Merkel on Covid-19 in Germany.

It is considered that when 70% of the population is immunized , something that can happen this summer in Spain due to the good rate of vaccination, the remaining 30% can be protected because they would no longer have contact with the virus. But Drosten does not see this theory as true and comments that this could not be the case.

In an interview with the German media Republik, the doctor comments that the concept of group immunity is not well understood , because it applies to viruses that have origin and effects on animals. It has been used with other viruses such as rinderpest, but in any case, it does not have the same effects on humans.

Because we are not a closed group and human beings move and interact with other humans from other countries, etc. Thus he sends a message to those who do not get vaccinated saying that they can still be infected with Sars-2 , even if they reach 70% immunity.

In addition, in the interview, Drosten adds that, within a few years, 100% of the population will have been vaccinated or infected. But the coronavirus will continue to infect people , now it may well remain a cold-like virus.

Regarding the Covid-19 variants, which are currently swarming the world, the virologist believes that, although the virus mutates, our body will be able to defend itself.

Now, it specifies that we can be re-infected relatively soon, if the virus has mutated where we are , but that the disease would pass slightly because with vaccines we would be partially protected.

So you think the vaccine can protect us from getting seriously ill. Explain that T cells can recognize the virus based on many different characteristics. The virus can easily lose some of its characteristics through mutations.

Regarding the origin of the virus, the virologist sees it likely that it was an animal, such as a dog that ate a bat and contracted the coronavirus and then infected humans with whom it had contact.


To swim with sharks! This is how entrepreneurs float in the face of inflation

The most successful entrepreneur, and the one who can swim and fall in love with sharks, is the one who is willing to learn from every moment of his process, points out Luis Arandia.

#Between the lines | COVID-19. The sixth wave is coming and a (new) variant...

It is not possible to declare when the sixth wave will arrive in Mexico, but now, more than ever, it is urgent that virological surveillance be maintained, points out Jonathán Torres.

In the new reality, brands must establish messages of closeness

The diffusion of modifications to the organizational culture in the face of a new scenario will be successful if it is underpinned by transparent, close and reliable communication, considers Mario Maraboto.

Covid-19: The end of the pandemic is in sight, says the WHO

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus highlighted that last week the number of weekly deaths fell to its lowest level since March 2020.

COVID: United States authorizes Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine boosters

The FDA asked vaccine manufacturers to adapt injections to the two subvariants responsible for the increase in infections worldwide.