Smart watches can be very useful if you know how to get the most out of them. They can become great virtual assistants, track your health status, improve your overall communication, and even help you be less connected to your phone.
Despite the fact that, in general, the growth forecast for these gadgets is positive. According to a report by , the global smartwatch market is projected to grow from $22 billion in 2021 to $58 billion by 2028.
In addition, the options on the market are increasingly more varied. Brands such as and with the Apple and Galaxy Watch stand out, as well as watches from Xiaomi, Huawei, Fitbit and Google among many others.
If you already have one or if you are considering buying it, we will tell you some tips so you can get the most out of them:
What can be done with a smartwatch?
No matter what watch you have, smartwatches can help you:
- Improve your communication: If you don’t have your phone at hand to answer the urgent call or message, with a smartwatch you literally have it. You can receive and answer calls and text messages while taking a shower, driving or even playing sports. This is especially useful if you are someone who cannot miss calls, such as a professional, a doctor, a lawyer or even a journalist.
- Track your health and physical activity status: One of the great advantages of smart watches is that they can monitor and record your caloric burn, steps taken during the day, if you have been standing long enough and even if you are having a cardiac arrest . Tracking your physical activity more accurately can help you meet goals and objectives much more easily, as well as make you aware of bad habits.
- Take Notes: Got the big idea but no notebook or phone handy? You can dictate notes directly to your watch and return to them whenever you need.
- Plan your trips: Through your smart watch you can receive notifications of future events, alerts and even the indications of a map in case you are lost. This is to be able to disconnect from your phone and receive only the alerts you need and view them without having to take it out every so often.
- Reduce the use of your phone: Although it sounds contradictory, a smart watch can help you reduce your screen time. If you only activate the essential notifications, you will no longer be constantly checking the phone and, when you receive something that interests you, your watch will vibrate or make a small sound.
- Use it as a music player: You no longer need to use your phone to listen to music, because in many of these watches you can install it directly and connect them to your bluetooth devices.
- Find your phone: Are you one of those who always lose your phone? Many smart watches allow you to find it very quickly, since you can send an alarm so that your phone rings and thus find it more easily.
Apps for your smart watch
In addition to being an extension of your phone, you can also download specific apps for your watch that can be very useful and fun. We leave you a selection:
- This is a Virtual Reality game where the watch will give you instructions to move around in your real environment to “run from a zombie attack”.
- As its name mentions, this is an app that allows you to monitor your heart and understand your sleep patterns, stress levels, and any irregularities that your heart presents.
- Didn’t you have time to look for the song you liked? From your smart watch you will be able to shazame the song you are listening to and it will tell you what it is, without the need to take out your phone.
- If you are having a very stressful day or just need to relax, your watch can help you through this app. It will begin to give you instructions that you can follow from wherever you are to perform exercises that help you lower your stress levels.