It is about sexual abuse of children up to 14 years. The main suspect is accused of 124 acts. What his lawyer now announced.
Cologne/Wermelskirchen – In the case of sexual violence against children in the Wermelskirchen crime complex, charges have been brought against the main suspect. The 45-year-old was accused of 124 acts, most of which involved sexual abuse, a spokesman for the Cologne Regional Court said on Friday. The “Spiegel” had previously reported about it.
Cases involving around 20 victims are accused. According to the district court, the man is said to have committed the crimes between March 2005 and September 2019. As the “Spiegel” reports, his victims were between the ages of zero and 14 at the time.
“He will make a comprehensive confession, also in the main hearing,” said Christian Lange, the 45-year-old’s lawyer. The suspect had so far been cooperative and confessed to the investigators. Lange said his client wanted to help clarify as much as possible. He announced that there would be no major arguments about individual cases in the process. The spokesman for the regional court announced that he was assuming that the trial would begin in December.
The man is said to have offered to babysit and thus approached his victims. Special forces arrested him last December. Even experienced investigators were shocked by the extent and brutality of the cases. dpa