NewsFamily suffers poisoning after attempting to heat grill

Family suffers poisoning after attempting to heat grill

Created: 09/25/2022, 3:17 p.m

Heat the apartment with a charcoal grill? A dangerous idea – which almost became fatal for a family in Upper Bavaria. (Iconic image) © Patrick Pleul/dpa

High electricity costs gave a 50-year-old from Bavaria a dangerous idea: He wanted to heat his apartment with a charcoal grill. The consequences: injuries – and a legal aftermath.

Mühldorf am Inn – Heating the apartment with a charcoal grill has been fatal to several people in Upper Bavaria. They were hospitalized over the weekend with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A 50-year-old man from Mühldorf am Inn said he used the grill “because the electricity bill was so expensive,” the police said. The man first drove his wife to a hospital on Sunday morning, who complained of headaches and dizziness. The man then dialed 911 because his 34-year-old nephew was unconscious in the apartment. The nephew was also hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police warn against using grills indoors. To make matters worse, the 50-year-old now has to answer for negligent bodily harm. dpa

Schedules of the Valencia GP of MotoGP in Cheste and how to see it

The Cheste circuit hosts this weekend, from November 4 to 6, the 2022 MotoGP Comunitat Valenciana GP. See the schedules and all the information.

"Don't talk to me!": Danni Büchner makes a clear announcement to hated party guests

Danni Büchner is invited to Sam Dylan's Halloween party. But the "Goodbye Germany" emigrant has no desire for many other party guests. And find clear words.

King Charles III Portrait now on the first coin: Serious change to the Queen

Charles III first coins with his portrait are there. Coin lovers immediately discover two striking differences.

Unknown colourfulness

Bird Species Discovered on Islands in Indonesia

Braking was tricky

Apart from that, everything worked like a picture book for the railway world record in Switzerland