The 48-year-old contractor is accused of using an excavator to demolish the balconies of a new building. His lawyer tells the court the reason for his client’s actions.
Donaueschingen – A man is on trial in Donaueschingen because he is said to have intentionally damaged a large new building with an excavator.
A good year after the fact, the trial before the district court of the city in the Black Forest-Baar district began. A verdict is expected on Thursday.
The 48-year-old accused is accused of destroying buildings. The suspect, who worked as a building contractor, tore down several balconies and destroyed parts of the building facade with the tracked vehicle in Blumberg (Schwarzwald-Baar district) in July last year. According to earlier police reports, the incident caused damage of at least half a million euros. people were not injured.
The defendant admits the crime and regrets the consequences for the tenants, his lawyer told the German Press Agency before the trial began. At the time, the man was desperate because of discrepancies in the construction process.
According to the police, the entrepreneur also damaged garages where gas bottles were standing. Officials cordoned off the site at the time because of fears of an explosion. After the orgy of destruction, the man drove away in his car, but later turned himself in to the police. dpa