Shots are fired in front of a restaurant in Nuremberg. A man dies. The name of the perpetrator is known to the police, but he is still on the run.
Update from Saturday, October 29, 12:38 p.m .: Despite a large-scale public search, the suspected gunman from the south of Nuremberg is still on the run. On Thursday (October 27) the police published a photo of the person they were looking for and asked the population for help. But so far without success.
The suspect has not yet been caught, said a police spokesman on Saturday (October 29). The 28-year-old suspect is said to have shot a 30-year-old and a 35-year-old in front of a restaurant on Monday evening. The younger later died in hospital. According to the police spokesman, the dead man was buried on Friday. The police were also present at the funeral.
Shots in front of a restaurant in Nuremberg – the police give more details
Update from Tuesday, October 25, 3:38 p.m .: After the homicide in the south of Nuremberg, the Central Franconia police announced new details. The first emergency calls are said to have reached the officials on Monday evening (October 24th) around 8 p.m. “A violent argument between several people in front of a restaurant on Landgrabenstrasse” was reported. Some of the callers also reported gunshots, police said.
Two males were found with serious gunshot wounds at the scene of the crime. One of the two people died a short time later in the hospital from the serious injuries. According to the authorities, a firearm was secured at the scene of the crime, but it is currently unclear whether it was the murder weapon.
Manhunt for shots in Nuremberg: perpetrators known by name
Extensive investigations have so far not led to the arrest of the perpetrator, but according to the police, they have now found a person they know by name. It is also ruled out that the victims were randomly selected, as the investigators say.
The police are still looking for witnesses who can provide information about the course of the crime and/or the perpetrator. Relevant information can be given under the telephone number 0911/2112-3333.
Shots in Nuremberg: A man succumbs to his gunshot wounds
First report from Monday, October 24th: Nuremberg – A man was killed with a gun on Monday evening (October 24th) in front of a restaurant in Nuremberg. The perpetrator was still on the run, as the police headquarters in Central Franconia said. Another man was seriously injured in the attack. According to the information, the background to the crime was initially unclear.
The police were called to a restaurant in the south of Nuremberg on Monday evening because of shots and an argument between several people. Upon arrival, police found two seriously injured men. One of the two was resuscitated on site. However, he later died in hospital.
Officers found a firearm at the scene. It was initially clear whether it was the perpetrator’s weapon. The police are looking for witnesses. (AFP)