The coming to power of the Taliban in Afghanistan has caused a 180 degree turn in the reality of the country. They have already announced that ‘Sharia’ will be applied in its strictest sense, which will mean a huge setback in the rights of millions of people. The Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan (RAWA) has published in the last hours several norms that the Taliban have imposed in Afghanistan. They are mandatory for all citizens, both men and women. Otherwise, they face public punishment, and even the death penalty.
- Listening to music is completely forbidden.
- Watching TV and movies is not allowed.
- The Taliban have proclaimed that the traditional New Year, which falls on March 21, is a communist holiday. Therefore, its celebration is prohibited.
- Labor Day (May 1) is also disallowed as it is considered a communist holiday.
- All those people who have non-Islamic names have to change them to other Islamic ones.
- All young Afghans must wear one of the Taliban approved haircuts.
- Men are required to wear “Islamic clothing” and cover their heads.
- Men cannot trim their beards or shave. The beard has to grow until it protrudes from the fist when it is grasped below the chin.
- All Afghans are required to go to the mosque five times a day to pray.
- It is forbidden to raise pigeons and play with birds because they are considered anti-Islamic animals. Violators will be jailed and birds euthanized.
- Flying kites and other games considered anti-Islamic is not allowed.
- At sports matches, spectators may only cheer on the players with chants of Allah-o-Akbar, God is great. Clapping is strictly prohibited.
- The punishment will be execution for whoever carries “questionable” literature.
- Anyone who converts from Islam to another religion will also be executed.
- Only those men who wear a turban on their heads will be able to study.
- Non-Muslim minorities must sew a yellow cloth to their clothing to differentiate themselves from the rest of the population.
- And finally, the use of the Internet is prohibited, both for Afghans and foreigners.
To these norms that the Taliban impose on all citizens in Afghanistan , we must add those that apply only to women: it is forbidden to work outside the home and go out without their “guardian”, the obligation to wear a burqa, it is not allowed to wear a burqa. cosmetics …