With the goal of retiring the bZ4X vehicles by 2023, Toyota offered owners to buy back the units. And it is that, in June of this year, the automobile company had informed that they had a defect in the wheels, which could “detach from the vehicle”.
As he pointed out, the Japanese offered the possibility of choosing between a loan and an incentive package or the complete repurchase of the car in the United States.
“…contact any authorized Toyota dealer and they will arrange to pick up and store your vehicle, free of charge, until a remedy is available. We will also provide you with a loaner vehicle at no cost to you,” the company wrote to its customers.
Since June, Toyota has been recalling these vehicles for safety in the United States. According to the company, approximately 260 cars are involved in the recall.
“After low mileage use, all of the wheel hub bolts can loosen to the point where the wheel can come off the vehicle. If a wheel comes off the vehicle while driving, you could lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash,” the company said in a c , when it disclosed the existence of the fault.
Faced with this situation, the automaker offers owners the following solutions:
• Provide a loaner vehicle and store the bZ4X at no cost.
• Reimburse fuel costs incurred while operating the loaner vehicle.
• Provide a total credit of $5,000 toward your loan/lease payments or purchase price if the vehicle is paid for in full.
• Additional time for courtesy charging at all publicly owned and operated EVgo stations across the country, until December 31, 2024.
• Provide an extension of your vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty based on the period of time your vehicle cannot be driven due to the recall (from the recall announcement date of June 23, 2022 to a date in the future when the remedy is announced).
Alternatively, if you do not wish to proceed as described above, Toyota will offer to buy back your vehicle. The terms for the buyback may vary, depending on your particular state and circumstances.
“We have recently brought you to notice of a safety recall involving your 2023 Toyota bZ4X and continue to ask that you not allow the vehicle to be driven until a remedy is available. We are working diligently on a remedy and will notify you in the future when it becomes available.” said the auto company.