NewsTragic accident: four budgies die of gases from raclette...

Tragic accident: four budgies die of gases from raclette pans

Shilan and Björn Schnitzer from Bad Bodenteich (Lower Saxony) are shocked. Unsuspecting, the two were eating raclette in their living room when their four budgies suddenly dropped dead in the aviary.

Bad Bodenteich – What the Schnitzers, like many other people, did not know: In coated raclette pans, gases are released in high heat that can be fatal for birds. And what about the danger to larger animals such as dogs or cats? * Az-online.de spoke to experts about the animals for which the apparently poisonous gases from raclette pans can be fatal.

“It was like being in a bad horror film,” Björn Schnitzer remembers the moment when the first two parakeets fell dead. “I stood here as if amazed.” Schnitzer is also annoyed that the instructions for the raclette grill did not explain the danger with a single syllable, he reports to az-online.de. * az-online.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.

Winter weather in Germany: Sunday brings "a white surprise" in the north

Many hope for a white Christmas. Currently, however, the weather is increasingly making the roads slippery. The snowfall also lasts.

Five dead discovered in house in Brandenburg – police investigate after terrible find

Terrible find near Berlin: the police discovered several dead people in a house in Königs Wusterhausen, Brandenburg.

Five dead discovered in house in Brandenburg – police investigate after terrible find

Terrible find near Berlin: the police discovered several dead people in a house in Königs Wusterhausen, Brandenburg.

Five dead found in residential building in Königs Wusterhausen

After a call, the police found five dead in a residential building in Brandenburg. The investigators assume a crime. A homicide squad is on site.

Mirco Nontschew is dead – Saturday night star dies at the age of 52

Actor and comedian Mirco Nontschew has died at the age of 52.

More