A now 60-year-old is accused of having murdered her young son years ago for low motives. Now the woman is on trial.
Hanau – More than three decades after the violent death of a four-year-old, the trial of the boy’s mother began on Tuesday in the Hanau district court.
To begin with, Chief Public Prosecutor Dominik Mies read the indictment against the 60-year-old, who is accused of murdering her son on August 17, 1988 for low motives. At the start of the trial, her defense lawyers raised allegations of her client’s prejudice.
Specifically, the defendant was accused of having put her four-year-old son in a sack, tied it up and placed it in the care of an alleged sect leader, said Mies. “The boy later died in this sack.” The alleged sect leader is said to have tried to kill the boy. She had been sentenced to life imprisonment about a year ago for the murder of the child. The now 74-year-old had appealed against the judge’s ruling, the verdict against her is not final.
The defense attorney for the German accused described her client as a “desperate mother, a woman who already seems to have been prejudiced in the media”. In the process, however, the sole question must be whether her client is guilty within the meaning of criminal law or whether she is acquitted. The attorney accused the public prosecutor of, among other things, of having only been able to inspect the evidence with a delay of months. dpa