Actually, the trial against the Reemtsma kidnapper Thomas Drach should continue on Monday. But now a Corona case has occurred – the hearing is cancelled.
Cologne – Because of a Corona case, the hearing planned for Monday in the trial against the Reemtsma kidnapper Thomas Drach is cancelled. That said on Thursday a spokesman for the Cologne district court.
Drach is accused of robbing four money transporters in Cologne, Frankfurt am Main and Limburg. In two acts, the 61-year-old is said to have shot and seriously injured security guards. Drach is charged with attempted murder and particularly aggravated robbery. The co-defendant in the process is said to have been Drach's accomplice. Both men have been silent so far. Defense attorneys say they expect an acquittal. dpa