AFI DOCS is a film festival that was created through a unique alliance between the American Film Institute (AFI) and the Discovery Channel to showcase, honor, and expand audiences for independent documentaries. AFI DOCS brings the best new documentaries to audiences in the Washington, DC area, showing 84 films representing 28 countries. In 2013, the film festival was renamed and expanded to include venues on the National Mall and the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington DC and the AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Dates: June 22 and 26, 2016
Festival highlights 2016
To be announced
Film festival venues
- AFI Silver Theater – 8633 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD.
- Goethe-Institut – 812 Seventh Street, NW Washington, DC
- National Archives – William G. McGowan Theater, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Washington dc
- Newseum – Documentary Theater (screenings), Knight Conference Center (Catalyst Sessions – entrance on 6th Street NW) 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC
- National Museum of American History – Warner Brothers Theater, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Washington DC
- National Portrait Gallery – The Nan Tucker McEvoy Auditorium, Eighth and F Streets NW Washington, DC.
$ 14 per screening
$ 110 for a combo package including 10 screenings
View the movie schedule and purchase tickets in advance by visiting www.afi.com. CASH ONLY at the door.