Brookside Gardens is a 50-acre award-winning garden located within the Wheaton Regional Park in Wheaton, Maryland. The gardens include a variety of horticultural displays including a water garden, azalea garden, butterfly garden, rose garden, children’s garden, formal garden, fragrance garden, Japanese-style garden, and garden. test. Indoor facilities include two glass-covered conservatories displaying a large collection of tropical plants and special exhibits that rotate throughout the year. The Visitor Center has a horticultural reference library and gift shop.
A variety of educational programs are available for adults and children. Adult programs include lectures, guided walks, bus trips, and workshops. Children’s programs include story hours, hands-on activities, educational games, classes, and summer camps. Brookside Gardens offers a beautiful setting for weddings, private receptions, and corporate retreats. From April to October, groups of up to 110 people can enjoy the colorful gardens and conservatories can be rented for private events throughout the year.
Seasonal Events at Brookside Gardens
From May to September, visitors marvel at “Wings of Fancy,” the live butterfly exhibit where butterflies fly free in the south greenhouse. Admission is $ 8 per adult and $ 5 for children ages 3-12. (3 years and under are free) Hours are from 10 am to 4 pm.
A twilight concert series takes place at the Gude Garden every Tuesday evening from 6: 30-8: 00 pm throughout the month of June. (place of rain: Visitor Center). All concerts are free. No registration is required. Bring a chair or a blanket.
During the holiday season, visitors enjoy the Garden of Lights at Brookside Gardens, a lighted outdoor walk in the winter garden that includes a whimsical monster, charming persimmon tree, a kaleidoscope caterpillar walk, and more. .
The Garden Railway exhibit at the South Conservatory, provided by the Washington, Virginia and Maryland Garden Railway Society, features miniature trains and trollies amid a landscape of city and country scenes featuring unique models from the Brookside Gardens Conservatories, the Dentzel Carousel and Chautauqua Tower from Glen Echo Park. Visitors can also drink hot chocolate and listen to evening musical performances.
Registration for activities, classes and events at Brookside Gardens is available online through the ActiveMONTGOMERY System.
Wheaton Regional Park, 1800 Glenallan Ave. Wheaton Maryland (301) 962-1400
- Land: open every day of the year from sunrise to sunset.
- Conservatories: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Open Thanksgiving and January 1)
- Visitor Center: 9 am to 5 pm (closed Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Presidents Day)
- Gift Shop: 10 am to 4 pm, Monday through Saturday, and 12 to 4 pm on Sundays. During the month of February, the gift shop is closed Monday through Thursday. Hours are from 10 am to 4 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and from 12 to 4 pm on Sundays.
- Library: 10 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday, and during Master Gardeners Plant Clinic hours. (Holidays closed)
- Master Gardener Plant Clinics: All year; 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday and 1 to 4 pm on Sunday. Wednesday and Thursday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm from May to October. (located in the Library)
Admission is free. There is a fee for some special programs like the Garden of Lights and the ‘Wings of Fancy’ Butterfly Show.
Brookside Gardens is a Montgomery County park operated and maintained by the Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission.
Official Website : www.montgomeryparks.org/brookside