Having first rejected Alpine’s appeal and then ended up accepting it, the FIA overruled Haas’s protest over Fernando Alonso’s car at the 2022 United States GP , and lifted the penalty that had taken the Spaniard out of seventh place. brilliantly achieved in Austin .
The main affected, in addition to Alonso , are Sebastian Vettel, Kevin Magnussen, Yuki Tsunoda and Esteban Ocon in terms of drivers and Alpine , Aston Martin, Haas and AlphaTauri in the team world championship.
See below how the 2022 F1 Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships stand as updated by the FIA after the decision on Alonso at the United States GP.
This is how the 2022 World Cup of F1 drivers remains without Alonso’s sanction in Austin: points and positions
points in the world cup
F1 drivers 2022
United States Grand Prix
Points and final position
|3||Sergio Perez||265||12 /4|
|9||Fernando Alonso||71||6 /7|
|21||Nyck de Vries||2||–|
- Without sanction, Fernando Alonso is seventh in the United States GP and adds 6 points
- Vettel returns to the eighth position in which he reached the finish line and adds 4 points, losing the 2 he had inherited
- Magnussen also returns to ninth place that he won on the track and finally adds 2 points, not 4 as he had achieved after Alonso’s penalty
- For his part, Yuki Tsunoda now closes the top 10 and adds a single point for the Austin race, instead of the 2 he would have gotten by being ninth.
- Ocon, who became tenth with his teammate’s sanction, is already eleventh in the United States GP and does not score.
This is how the 2022 F1 Constructors World Cup remains without Alonso’s sanction in Austin: points and positions
|1||Red Bull Racing||656||37|
|7||Aston Martin Racing||49||4|
|8||Haas F1 Team||36||2|
- Without penalty, Alpine recovers seventh in the United States GP and adds 6 points, but in turn loses Ocon’s tenth place and loses 1 point. In total, he won 5 points to distance himself from McLaren in the fight for fourth place in the constructors’ world championship. Now, between them there are 11 points difference instead of 6.
- Aston Martin, without Vettel’s seventh place, loses 2 points, so it is now 3 from sixth position in the Alfa Romeo constructors’ world championship, instead of 1.
- The other two drivers affected are from Haas (who lost two points) and from AlphaTauri (who lost one to Tsunoda), so the fight for eighth place in the world championship tightens even more, with only one point ahead for the Americans.