Looking for a driving range to practice your golf skills? There are a variety of good places to visit in the Maryland and Virginia suburbs of Washington DC. Many of the ranges offer modern comforts and professional instruction as well.
Driving ranges in Maryland
- Germantown South Recreation Park – 18056 Central Park Ci., Germantown, MD. The driving range features 40 tees, a putting green, and a clubhouse with a sand-trap training area, putting green, and raised greens on the course. The park offers a variety of camps, clinics, and classes for golfers of all ages.
- Olney Golf Park – 3414 Emory Church Rd., Olney, MD. Home of the Military Salute Golf Association (SMGA), the golf park offers a country club-like experience for the public. The practice area includes a large grass tee complex, lighted, heated, screened two-level impact bays, short and medium range targets with laser distances, and much more.
- Laurel Golf & Recreation – 9801 Fort Meade Rd., Laurel, MD. The 30+ acre golf center features a 50 station driving range, with 6 practice greens, a practice sand trap, covered tees, pro lessons and a full service pro shop. Laurel Golf Center offers a number of other recreational facilities including an 18-hole miniature golf course, 9 batting cages with softball and baseball, and a lighted softball field.
- Liberty Road Golf Center – 10810 Liberty Rd., Frederick, MD. The practice facility has 20 impact stations, 8 of which are protected impact bays that feature free infrared heating for cold weather practice. The facility also features a 9-hole course, state-of-the-art batting cages, and private and group lessons.
- I 70 Golf Range – 8400 E Patrick St. Frederick, MD. The course is open daily and features 60 driving stations, golf lessons, miniature golf, and a practice sand bunker.
- Arundel Golf Park – 150 Dorsey Rd., Glen Burnie, MD. The driving range is covered and heated. There is a snack bar, a picnic pavilion, batting cages and a miniature golf course.
Driving ranges in Northern Virginia
- Hilltop Golf Club – 7900 Telegraph Rd., Alexandria, VA. The driving range and practice facilities feature 68 impact bays, including 20 covered and heated bays so you can practice year-round. Monthly memberships are available.
- Oak Marr Golf Course – 3200 Jermantown Rd, Oakton, VA. The course has one of the largest short game practice areas in Northern Virginia, including a 78-station lighted practice range with target greens and heated, covered tees. Practice facilities include sand bunkers, a putting green, and a chopping area. Private and group lessons are available throughout the year.
- Dulles Golf Center & Sports Park – 21593 Jesse Ct. Sterling, VA. The family recreation center has a golf driving range and teaching studio that is open year-round, day and night. Other activities include a miniature golf course, batting cages, volleyball courts, and more.
- Woody’s Golf Ran – 11801 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA. Woody’s is a family entertainment center with a driving range, putting green, batting cages, miniature golf, basketball, and volleyball. The facility is owned by a former PGA player. Lessons and parties are available.
- Broad Run Golf & Practice Facility – 10201 Golf Academy Drive. Bristow, VA. The facility includes a 75-station, indoor and outdoor, all-weather driving range with astroturf mats and a natural grass hitting area, a two-acre short game practice area, and a 10,000 putting area. square feet.