Universal Orlando is packed with visitors during Spring Break, thanks to great specials targeting families, couples, and singles, and the US school and college vacation hours. Despite the fact that the parks and clubs will be crowded You can still have a great time at Universal Studios during Spring Break week – plan your time well and take advantage of all the parks have to offer.
Universal Studios Spring Break Tips
- Stay on the spot: One of the best ways to beat the Spring Break crowds is to stay at a Universal Orlando resort. When you stay on site, you’ll get some added benefits, like boat transportation to the parks and early morning access to select areas. If you stay off-site, you will have to navigate the busy parking lots before you can even enter the parks.
- Paying to Park : If you have to drive to Universal Orlando, Spring Break is one of the times of the year when it pays to pay more for a premium parking space. The “free” garages are further out, and parking nearby will eliminate a lot of walking.
- Use Express Pass – Buy a Universal Express Pass and you’ll get front-of-the-line access for select trips. This is an additional option, and there are several to choose from; It is worth spending the extra money to dramatically reduce the time you spend waiting in line.
- Guests staying at a Universal Orlando resort automatically get a front-of-the-line pass at select attractions. Disney fans will note that this system is similar to but not the same as the FastPass + program.
- Minimize the wait – head to the busiest attractions as early as possible. Attractions like “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” will not be easily accessible later in the day.
- Use “Kiddie Switch”: Universal uses a system similar to Disney’s pilot switch program. Parents with young children can still enjoy the most exciting rides and rides at Universal by taking turns. Usually the first parent will wait in line and ride while the second parent waits. Once the first parent has finished, the second parent will advance to the front of the line and travel immediately.
- Use the CityWalk Party Pass – If you’re going to Universal Orlando for the clubs and nightlife, get a Party Pass and access each of the included clubs without paying a surcharge each time.
- Party Safe: If you’re at Universal for the party side of Spring Break, consider sticking around so it’s easy to get in and out of the clubs. You should only bring the essentials when you go out. Keep a copy of your driver’s license and extra cash and credit cards in your room’s safe, so you don’t risk losing them and missing out on the fun.