Like other internationally acclaimed summer events, the International Jazz Festival and the Celebration of Light Fireworks Competition, to name just two, the Vancouver Folk Music Festival is as beloved by locals as it is by the destination seekers it attracts.
Named one of the top ten outdoor concerts in North America by USA Today , the three-day festival includes more than 70 hours of world, folk and roots music on eight outdoor stages, all overlooking the perfect views of the Downtown Vancouver and North Shore Mountains.
An exciting and eclectic mix of music genres, “folk” in folk music includes everything from blues and hip hop to gospel and more.
- When: Friday, July 15 – Sunday, July 17, 2016
- Where: Jericho Beach Park, Vancouver.
- Getting to the Vancouver Folk Music Festival: Festival parking is available outside of Jericho Beach – head west on 4th Avenue, past Wallace St. and look for the festival parking signs. The bus n. 4 will also take you directly to the site.
- Full program and festival program: Official site of the Vancouver Folk Music Festival.
Vancouver Folk Music Festival Highlights 2016
The Vancouver Folk Music Festival attracts world-class artists and performers from a wide range of music genres. For 2016, in addition to seven beachfront stages, the festival will also host an artisan market and popular bazaar, a beer garden, and plenty of festival food.
Children’s Folk Festival: Little Folks Village
Kids 12 and under get free entry to the Folk Festival, plus a variety of arts activities to keep them busy, organized by the Festival’s Little Folks Village. ( Note: This is not babysitting / babysitting; children must be accompanied by an adult . ) Activities include making clay, paint, making lamps, face painting and a station building.
Tickets for the Vancouver Folk Music Festival
Festival tickets are sold by the day (so even if you want to see just one concert, you must buy a day ticket) or you can buy the Festival Pass for the whole weekend.
- Festival Pass: $ 140 – $ 170
- Saturday or Sunday: $ 75 – $ 85
- Friday night: $ 45 – $ 50
- Children 12 and under are free; discounts for students, seniors (65+) and youth (13-18) available.
Tickets can be purchased at the door or online: Vancouver Folk Music Festival Online Tickets.
Early bird discounts for tickets purchased before June 14, 2015 are also available through the site.