Goodwill of Central Arizona’s basic mission is to put people to work. They do this in a number of ways, including the training and skills people need to be successful in the workforce, funded by proceeds from purchases made at local Goodwill thrift stores. To that end, Goodwill of Central Arizona established a Customer Service and Computer Training Program .
Goodwill Computer and Customer Service Training is a one week course. Job seekers learn to identify their hidden skills and talents, as well as acquire new skills in preparation for finding their next job. Topics include:
- Personal brand
- Write resumes
- Job search and application
- Customer service
- Introduction to MS Word and MS Outlook
Course graduates work one-on-one with a Career Advisor after completion to obtain employment within 90 days. Interested individuals must complete an orientation and computer skills assessment prior to being accepted into the course. Once accepted, each person must attend a half-day workshop the week before class.
Professional Goodwill Centers
- Central Career Center, 4005 N. 16 th Street, Phoenix
- 32nd St. & Thomas, 3130 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix
- 75th Ave. & Thomas, 2929 N. 75th Ave., Phoenix
- 35th Ave. & Peoria, 3514 W. Peoria Ave., Phoenix
- 19th Ave. & Baseline, 1980 W. Baseline Rd., Phoenix
- Southwest Career Center, 515 N. 51 st Avenue, Phoenix
- Camelback Career Center, 1625 W. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Pabellones de Indian Bend en Talking Stick, 8959 E. Indian Bend Rd., Scottsdale
- Southern y McClintock, 1546 E. Southern Ave., Tempe
- McKellips, 106 E. McKellips Rd., Mesa
- 67th Avenue Career Center, 6750 W. Peoria Avenue, Peoria
- 59th Ave. & Camelback, 5836 W. Camelback Rd., Glendale
- Litchfield y Van Buren, 211 N. Litchfield Rd., Goodyear
Even if you are not participating in the training classes, you may still be interested in the career and career guidance services offered at Goodwill Career Centers . Goodwill Career Centers are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm They are equipped with computers, printers, Internet access, telephones and fax machines. Job postings and various workshops and tutorials are available for job seekers. There are no eligibility requirements to participate in self-directed job search support services at a career center.
Career Center Locations in Greater Phoenix
Career Centers and Customer Service Training Programs are open to all Maricopa County residents, free of charge. There is no waiting list and no one is turned away. For more information on job search training and assistance, Career Center locations, as well as information on upcoming job fairs, visit Goodwill online.