Lake Tahoe weddings are very popular and this location is often named as one of the top wedding and honeymoon venues. Not surprisingly, with such a beautiful location, many indoor or outdoor venues to host a wedding ceremony and hotels for guests to stay.
When planning Lake Tahoe weddings, think about four quadrants: North or South? California or Nevada? North Lake Tahoe is quieter, but the largest hotels are on the south shore.
Lake Tahoe Weddings: Legal Requirements
Marriage license requirements vary by state. In California, many chapels will issue marriage licenses on the premises, but in Nevada, you must go to court. Many wedding chapels issue licenses on the premises, but do not have them; instead, ask to be 100% sure. In any state, make sure you know the requirements and bring the proper documentation:
How to get married in California
There are dozens of chapels that host Lake Tahoe weddings and many planners to help make your day special.
Wedding Chapels in Lake Tahoe – California
- Lake Tahoe Chapel: Host Lake Tahoe weddings in a small chapel just outside of Tahoe City.
- Chapel of the Bells – They have several venues, including a Lake Tahoe summer wedding garden.
- Fantasy Inn – Old English style chapel, themed rooms.
- Lake View – Lake Tahoe’s only wedding chapel with panoramic lake views.
- In front of the lake: rose garden to the outdoor and indoor options.
- Tahoe Mountain Wedding – Offers a full range of services and multiple location options.
- Timber Cove: Get married on the lawn, on the beach or in their chapel.
Wedding Chapels in Lake Tahoe – Nevada
- Chapel of the pines: places in the open air in the forest.
- The Dream Maker: outdoor venues and a cascading chapel.
- Harveys: at Harvey’s Casino.
- Montbleu Resort – 12th floor chapel with great views and easy wedding packages. They can also host your reception.
Other Lake Tahoe Wedding Venues
- The Party Boat: Get married by the captain.
Lake Tahoe Wedding Planning Resources
- High mountain weddings: packages in several places, or choose yours.
- Lake Tahoe Wedding & Honeymoon Association: Directory of Wedding Packages and Services
- North Lake Tahoe Weddings and Honeymoon Association – Licensing information, search by service.
- South Lake Tahoe Weddings: Directory of South Lake Tahoe businesses you may need.
- Lake Tahoe Wedding Information: Wedding Coordination and Referral Service. Outdoor specialists.
- Lake Tahoe Weddings: From Tahoe’s Best – links to all services.