Oklahoma City’s main airport is called Will Rogers World Airport, named for the famous Oklahoma native and comedian. Located in the southwest of OKC, it is one of the busiest in the state, with capacity for approximately three and a half million passengers a year. Commercial airlines in Will Rogers average about 75 departures per day and provide daily nonstop service to 19 destinations.
Location and directions:
Will Rogers International Airport is located southwest of downtown Oklahoma City with easy access from I-40 and I-44. You can find a detailed map of the area with specific driving directions for all arrival directions here at About.com OKC.
Parking and transportation:
Five parking options are offered in several conveniently located lots.
- Long-term haul lots cost $ 5 per day.
- Long-term semi-covered transport lots are available for $ 6.
- A 5-story covered garage costs $ 7 per day.
- Remote shuttle service costs $ 4 per day.
- And hourly parking is $ 1 per hour with the first hour of the first day free.
Due to safety precautions, the following parking regulations are in effect:
- Vehicles cannot be left unattended within 300 feet of the terminal.
- Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
- It is no longer allowed to park and wait for passengers arriving directly in front of the building; however, two cell phone waiting areas are provided. Greeters and greet people can wait at these locations free of charge until their passengers call for pick up.
Will Rogers has terminal facilities near the baggage claim area for Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty car rental companies. But all of the major Oklahoma City car rental companies have airport service available from locations outside of the terminal.
Design and amenities:
The airport consists of two levels and an extended terminal area with 17 gates. On the first level are the car rental desks, baggage claim areas and airline baggage claim offices. On the second level, you will find the airline ticket counters, security checkpoints, a newsstand, and a cafeteria.
After going through the security checkpoints in the terminal, passengers have access to a number of services including:
- Cross Grain Brewhouse
- The Redbud Lounge
- Restaurants like Sonic, Schlotzky’s, Salt Lick Barbeque, Cafe Oklahoma, Moe’s Southwest Grill, and Route 66 Grille
- Retail areas with collectibles, Native American jewelry, sportswear, Oklahoma merchandise and more
Airlines and flights:
Will Rogers World Airport has commercial service from the following airlines:
- South west
Search for flights in and out of Oklahoma City, check rates, and book your flight online.
Lost and found:
Lost something at the airport, on a plane, or in a car you rented at the Oklahoma City airport? Get detailed information on lost property at Will Rogers International Airport.
Traveling to Oklahoma City? Consider some of the best hotels near the airport. Among them:
- Courtyard by Marriott
- 4301 Highline Boulevard
- Ramada OKC Airport North
- 2200 S. Meridian
- Hampton Inn
- 4333 SW 15th Street
- Embassy Suites
- 1815 S. Meridian