In pregnancy, the center of gravity shifts due to the growth of the belly, and we may notice a certain clumsiness and forgetfulness, which can favor small “stumbles”.
The footwear that we use becomes a very important issue to take into account during pregnancy , as it can help us minimize certain discomforts typical of these months, such as swelling of the feet and ankles, and even help us avoid falls and sprains.
What shoes to wear during pregnancy?
Therefore, when choosing good shoes during pregnancy, there are certain things that you must take into account, such as:
- Wear comfortable shoes, not too high, not too low .
- Avoid heels, especially if you’re not used to them and towards the end of your pregnancy.
- Choose footwear made preferably with natural and breathable materials ; avoid shoes made of synthetic and plastic materials.
- With non-slip sole to prevent slipping.
- Keep in mind that feet swell and can change size during pregnancy. It is possible that you need to buy a number more than usual, or else, choose shoes with a wide last .
- Make them easy to fasten . As your belly grows you will have a harder time tying laces and dealing with complicated snaps.
The best shoes in pregnancy
A basic shoe during pregnancy is a good quality sports shoe, with a padded insole and a stable sole that cushions the steps well.
In winter, opt for flat ankle boots or with a low and wide heel that are comfortable for day to day. If you wear dressier shoes, also make sure they are ballerina-type or with a low, stable heel.
In summer, choose sandals with wide straps that do not hurt your feet, bearing in mind that with the heat, your feet swell even more. You may need one size up. As for height, also opt for flat sandals or sandals with a stable platform and preferably ones that hold the instep part, to avoid sprains and falls.
Photo | Depositphotos