Olives are one of those foods that have both followers and detractors. For those who are lovers of them, this marinade recipe for olives is ideal . It is one of the most frequent snacks in all meetings or celebrations, which is also widely consumed at home. Having marinated olives in the fridge is always a good idea, as we can enjoy them at any time. If we want to prepare a delicious and quick appetizer for a special occasion they are also excellent.
Including olives in our menu will bring us several benefits. They have vitamins with high antioxidant activity that strengthen the immune system. They also help prevent the appearance of some diseases. In addition, they are rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iodine and potassium that fight anemia. Dietary fiber substantially improves intestinal transit.
How to prepare olive marinade:
- The process to prepare the olives has two phases. The first is to reduce the bitter taste they have and the second to season them.
- The first part should start well in advance. We started by doing several washes with water. This liquid must be changed daily for 10 days.
- On the tenth day we fill a bowl with enough water to cover them completely and add the salt . We will know that we have the necessary amount if when introducing a raw egg it floats. We have to change this water every three days.
- To know that they lost the bitter taste we can go testing them.
- Now we move on to the marinade of the olives . In this preparation they must be submerged for approximately 10 days.
- In a pot we place the herbs and cook for 10 minutes . After that time, let it cool and add the lemon cut in two together with the garlic, which must be previously crushed.
- We pour this mixture into the bowl with the olives and finish by adding cold water . We cover well and reserve during the 10 days.
- After this time we can enjoy some delicious marinated olives.
This preparation of the marinade for olives can vary depending on our tastes . We can also add cumin or paprika to give it a different touch. As well as this there are several recipes to dress olives that are very simple.
Although it seems a bit slow task, when the olives are ready you will realize that the time invested was worth it. If the tests you will surely love it and you will repeat the technique.