The Venezuelan guasaca is the most abundant companion in many tables in that country . Known in the popular Caracas jargon as “guasacaca”, it is a useful condiment for many meals. The food to which it is most associated is the empanada, especially those whose filling is made of some type of meat. Its flavor is characteristic, marked, but it is made with very cheap ingredients. Before going to work, many people stop at a food court and ask for fried foods accompanied with this sauce.
This preparation is quite similar to Mexican guacamole. However, guasaca is differentiated by its much more liquid texture. In addition, Mexican guacamoles are usually prepared with more heat. In the case of Venezuelan gastronomy, this green sauce differs from the spicy complement. In the “guasacaca” tomato is not incorporated, being more common herbs such as coriander and parsley.
Venezuelan guasaca is a fairly healthy and light sauce . In fact, all of its ingredients are natural and promote better digestion. The avocado has exceptional nutritional characteristics, incorporating natural fatty acids. The best thing about this supplement is that it achieves a great flavor, without resorting to spicy or fatty ingredients. In Venezuela, some people put a little mayonnaise on it to favor its consistency and flavor. Beyond this modality, this is a beneficial food product. Next, you will see how it is prepared… Read on.
How to prepare Venezuelan guasaca:
- Wash, peel and remove the avocado seed .
- Cut the avocado into pieces and blend it in a blender .
- Chop the onion, garlic and green pepper into extremely thin cubes.
- Mix the onion, garlic and green pepper with the avocado and blend a little .
- Finely chop the coriander and parsley and add to the avocado mixture. Blend in the blender.
- Add the vinegar and a little oil . Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate a little to preserve and improve its consistency .
A good idea is to add a little mayonnaise to add a creamier touch to this sauce . However, those who prefer to avoid fats can prepare it only with vinegar and a little oil. In any case, an ideal sauce to accompany a wide variety of preparations.